5 Top Tips for Amazing Bridal Nails
Once you’ve chosen your vintage style wedding dress, its time to concentrate on the finer details. One part of you that is on show all day is your nails, so make sure you don’t leave them as an afterthought. Follow our 5 top tips for choosing your amazing bridal nails and you won’t go wrong.
Choosing Your Bridal Nail Look
Metta Francis, gives us her top tips on what to think about and what will look good with your short wedding dress. Metta is an award winning nail technician & founder of mobile nail business, Nails by Mets
5 Top Tips for Choosing your Bridal Nail Look
- What’s your overall bridal look? If you’re going for a classic bridal look, a funky nail art design may not go best so choose something that will compliment your look. Don’t default to a French manicure if that’s not your style and don’t be scared of colour or design. Look to your wedding theme for inspiration – do you have coloured flowers and decoration? Remember your nails can be as minimalistic or as bold as you want. Avoid your nails overshadowing your by having only nail art on your ring fingers.
- If you’re opting for a nude and natural shade, be aware that one nude does not suit all. Nudes can come in all different tones and shades and can look different against different skin tones. Test out the shades against your skin and dress to see which looks best. Generally, warmer nudes (yellow/red based) look best against warm undertones (skin and dress). Cooler nudes (blue/lilac based) compliment a cooler undertone. A warm shade could also “warm up” a cool undertone.
Enhance Your Own Style
- Glitter, Swarovski and real silver, gold, copper foil can be a gorgeous addition to your nails, especially if they feature elsewhere. Rose gold has become very trendy in recent years and a rose gold glitter ombre or foil look can look stunning.
- Short nails? Short nails can still look chic, but if you want to look at nail extensions, book in for a consultation with your nail technician to see what enhancement service will be best. There are many options available and your nail technician will be able to recommend the best service, based on your nails and lifestyle.
- Have a look at the latest trends in fashion, interiors and art. If your wedding is trend led, it’s likely you’ll want on trend nails too. These areas can provide plenty of inspiration – get a Pinterest board going but beware! You can spend hours getting lost in inspiration.
If you’re completely stuck, take an image or sample of your dress with you to your nail technician/nail artist. A good nail artist will brainstorm and suggest some design and colour ideas that will compliment your look.
If you want more amazing bridal nails and more inspiration, do follow Nails by Mets on Instagram. These 5 top tips for choosing your bridal nail look are invaluable. We’d love to see what you decided to go for? Follow us on Pinterest for your fix of Inspiration on all things wedding.
Don’t forget to share your amazing bridal nails and tea length wedding dress with us to be featured here on the blog.
Email: Info@cuttingedgebrides.com attn: Karen to show off your gorgeous vintage style wedding dress.